Nudge Education was set up as a vital service to support the needs of young people who have found themselves chronically disengaged from education.
In our network, we have over 300 dedicated professionals who are proud to wear our name badge and get stuck in to helping ease this crisis in a young person’s life.
We also support large numbers of Local Authorities across the country who are responsible for helping young people within their care to achieve a life worth living.
An opportunity has arisen within our organisation to support our finance team in keeping the cogs whirring and ensuring the financial processes are followed and continuously improved.
We are looking for a qualified Payroll Clerk to assist in all activities regarding the management of employee compensation in the company. You will undertake a variety of tasks such as entering payroll information, calculating wages and making payments.
An excellent payroll clerk has great understanding of the concept of confidentiality. You will be experienced in entering data with attention to detail and will have good maths skills to make the necessary calculations. The ideal candidate will be a thorough professional with good communication abilities.
The goal is to carry out all payroll procedures with speed and accuracy.
- Manage compensation packages using payroll software
- Collect and verify timekeeping information for all employees
- Calculate pay according to hours worked incorporating leaves and overtime
- Calculate bonuses and commissions when appropriate
- Manage and calculate taxes and deductions
- Initiate periodical payments timely either by preparing and administering checks or making direct deposits through a bank payment system
- Issues statements and invoices and maintain records
- Update paper and electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status changes etc.
- Calculate unemployment and severance payments
- Deal with complaints and questions regarding payroll from employees and upper management
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll
- Prepare and submit reports with payroll information to supervisor
Requirements and skills:
- Proven experience as payroll clerk or payroll manager
- Familiarity with general accounting principles
- Experience in data collection, entry and reporting with great attention to detail and confidentiality
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and regulations
- Computer savvy with working knowledge of relevant software (e.g. Payforce)
- Exquisite maths and numerical skills
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication abilities with aptitude in problem-solving
- High school diploma or equivalent; BSc/BA in accounting/business administration is a plus
Do you want to play a part in making sure that no child is left behind?
Salary: £23,000.00-£26,000.00 per year